Leelana Crossbody Pattern (PDF Download)
Meet Leelana! The elegance of a drop-in lining, but the ease of a turned bag.
This small/medium crossbody handbag has two separate zipper compartments each with slip pockets, and a center external pocket. Sized at 11 x 7″, you can fit a full-sized wallet and a small tablet in either compartment.
Leelana is a semi-structured bag, and is best made with vinyl, leather, cork, or home decor weight fabric. Instructions are included for using interfacing and stabilizer for bags made of quilting cotton.
This pattern includes:
- 50 pages of detailed instructions and tips for making your own Leelana
- Full color illustrations
- Pattern pieces
- Imperial and metric measurements
Techniques you will learn:
- How to make a belt-style adjustable strap out of vinyl, leather, or cork
- An easy way to make a slip pocket with “faux” fabric binding
- How to make side connectors for the strap, out of vinyl, leather, cork, or fabric
- A new way to end up with pretty zipper ends, without using tabs. Introducing the Cocoon Method!
What you’ll need:
- 1/3 yard vinyl, cork, leather, or fabric for the exterior and strap
- 1/4 yard fabric for the lining
- 10 x 3″ piece of firm stabilizer
- Optional: 1/2 yard woven interfacing
- Optional: 1/3 yard medium fusible stabilizer such as Decovil Light 525
- Two 18″ handbag zippers
- Two 3/4″ rectangle or D-rings
- One 3/4″ buckle-style strap adjuster
- Optional: one 18mm thin magnetic snap
- Fabric glue or double-sided tape, sewing needle and thread for hand sewing, rivet setter, hole punch, rulers, scissors/rotary cutter
Recommended sewing skill level:
Advanced beginner. You should be comfortable installing zippers and turning bags.
This is a PDF FILE for download only. You will not receive a finished product.
As this is a PDF file and downloadable immediately upon purchase, there are no refunds.
You will need a PDF reader such as Acrobat Reader or Preview to open the file. The pattern pieces must be printed at 100%, so will need to be printed from a computer or a mobile app that allows you to select 100% scaling.