Briamar Bag Pattern + Add-on Guide
Meet Briamar! Sleek and simple, this bag can be an elegant clutch or a casual pouch. All this… and only SEVEN pieces!
This bag has a slim inline zippered pocket on the front, and a main zippered compartment. The seamless, wrap-under base keeps it neat. Sized at 10 x 7″, you can use this bag for daily basics, tech items, makeup — you name it.
Briamar is best made with vinyl, leather, cork, or home decor weight fabric (canvas, waxed canvas, upholstery, tweed, etc.). This pattern does not include any interfacing or stabilizer, though you can choose to add them when working with thinner fabrics.
Lors de l’achat de la trousse Briamar Sac, ne cherchez pas à acheter le modèle dans une seule langue. Une fois acheté, vous retrouverez le patron dans la zone de téléchargement de votre compte et disponible en Anglais et Français.
This pattern includes:
- 18 pages of detailed instructions and tips for making your own Briamar
- Accompanying video tutorial (less than an hour long!)
- Full color photographs
- All pattern pieces
- Cutting chart for cutting all pieces with a ruler
- Imperial and metric measurements
- BONUS! Add-on guide with placement guidelines for embellishments and hardware strap connectors, and instructions for making and adding fabric/vinyl/leather d-ring strap connectors
Techniques you will learn:
- How to make a slim, inline pocket that you can add to many other patterns
- How to form and install a looped zipper with a single open end
- How to make side connectors for the strap, out of vinyl, leather, cork, or fabric
- “Cocoon” method for a tidy zipper end without tabs
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 yard vinyl, cork, leather, or fabric (canvas, home decor, upholstery, tweed, etc.) for the exterior
- 1/4 yard fabric for the lining
- scrap of fusible stabilizer (Decovil Light or similar)
- One 28″ #5 handbag zipper, separated (one side only)
- Zipper slide + pull
- 8″ #5 zipper
- 1 rivet
- Fabric glue or double-sided tape, sewing needle and thread for hand sewing, rivet setter, hole punch, rulers, scissors/rotary cutter
Recommended sewing skill level:
Confident beginner. You should be comfortable installing zippers and rivets, and turning bags.
This is a PDF FILE for download only. You will not receive a finished product.
As this is a PDF file and downloadable immediately upon purchase, there are no refunds.
You will need a PDF reader such as Acrobat Reader or Preview to open the file. The pattern pieces must be printed at 100%, so will need to be printed from a computer or a mobile app that allows you to select 100% scaling.